Spring and Summer Courses

If students are unsure whether taking a summer course is beneficial, they should speak with their academic advisor.

Students from outside the Hamilton area may also want to consider the option of taking courses on Letter of Permission. This allows students to take courses at another university for credit at McMaster. Students who wish to explore this option should contact their academic advisor in their respective Associate Dean’s office. A student must achieve a minimum grade of C- or 60 per cent to have the credit successfully transferred. The course is recorded on the McMaster transcript as complete (‘com’). However, please note that grade(s) from courses completed on a Letter of Permission are not part of a student’s McMaster cumulative average.