The President’s Award of Excellence (Student Leadership)
McMaster University invites nominations for The President’s Award of Excellence (Student Leadership) 2017.
The President’s Award of Excellence was established in 1993 to recognize students who have demonstrated a commitment to the University’s belief in excellence in its student body.
The Selection Committee will determine the number of awards to be presented each year after considering the nominations in light of the criteria listed below. Each award will be a President’s Student Medal of Excellence and the recipient will have his/her name inscribed on a commemorative plaque displayed permanently in the University Centre.
Nominations are open to full-time undergraduate students who are in their graduating year.
This award acknowledges the contributions made by students who play a significant role in improving and developing the intellectual, social, cultural and/or athletic fabric of the McMaster community. The Selection Committee will consider nominees who have demonstrated outstanding student leadership qualities and whose achievements have benefitted other students and contributed to the betterment of the University community. The involvement of such individuals in local, national or provincial communities will also be considered. In determining the recipients of this award the Selection Committee will focus on the overall quality and impact of the contributions made by nominees rather than the achievement of a particular position or status.
Five members of the McMaster Community comprise the Selection Committee and choose the Award recipient(s).
- The President of McMaster University (Chair)
- The Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
- The Associate Vice-President (Students & learning)
- A distinguished alumna/alumnus
- A person familiar with the McMaster University environment appointed by the President
Method of Nomination/Selection
- The Selection Committee will solicit nominations of individuals.
- Nominees will be notified by the Selection Committee.
- The Nomination Form will include a Curriculum Vitae and three letters of reference.
- The Selection Committee will solicit letters of recommendation from others as they determine.
- The Selection Committee will consider all information available to them and select the recipient(s).
- The Award will be presented at Convocation
Deadline for return of Nomination Forms is March 24, 2017.
The President’s Award of Excellence in Student Leadership Winners
Sara Medhat Halawa
Samuel Bong Si Cheng
Vasiliki (Vass) Bednar
Roy W. Cramp