OSAP and Financial Assistance
Things to Do:
- Students apply for OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) on an annual basis. The OSAP application is released each year in April.
- Encourage your student to apply for OSAP prior to the July 15th recommended date. For more OSAP information visit Student Financial Aid’s Government Aid page then if further assistance is required contact Student Financial Aid at 905-525-9140 ext. 24319.
- Develop a financial plan with your student. Be cautious of credit cards!
- Complete the online aid application in Mosaic to submit applications for bursaries, awards and work programs all in one place.
- Visit a Student Loans and Awards Officer in the Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) if your students has financial concerns. Drop-in counselling is available Monday to Friday, 9-11:30 and 1:00-4:00.
- Check out all highlights and upcoming deadlines on the SFAS website.
- It is your student’s responsibility to pay all McMaster fees by the deadline date. With your student, regularly check the balance of their McMaster student account to avoid unnecessary interest charges.